The Affenpinscher Club of America is the national, or "parent" club devoted to promoting and protecting this breed. As stated in our Constitution, we are guided by the following principles:
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of the purebred affenpinscher and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To encourage the organization of independent local affenpinscher specialty clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of the American Kennel Club.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which affenpinschers shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials.
Additionally, the club holds one annual National Specialty Show. Go to our National Specialty page for information about upcoming Nationals.
For a copy of the introductory flyer which we hand out at our National Specialty shows, you may download the Booth Flyer free of charge!
2018 Specialty Weekend
Hoosier Tire Classic Dog Show Cluster
St. Joseph County Fairgrounds
5117 Ironwood Rd
South Bend, Indiana
Dog Show Superintendent: Roy Jones Dog Shows
Free breakfast will be served every day at the show site.
4 days of National Owner-Handled Series
Thursday, July 19 - La Porte County Kennel Club - Judge Charles Olvis
Ring 1: 12:45PM 43 AFFENPINSCHERS 8-14-9D,12B-0NR
Friday, July 20 - Michiana Kennel Club, supported entry - Judge Jan Paulk
Ring 1: 1:00PM 50 AFFENPINSCHERS 10-18-9D,13B-0NR
Saturday, July 21 - Michiana Kennel Club, National Specialty
Veronica Lange - Sweepstakes Judge
Randy Garren - National Judge
Sweepstakes: 8:30AM 13 AFFENPINSCHERS
SWEEPS BEST JUNIOR IN SWEEPSTAKES, BOS TO BEST JUNIOR IN SWEEPSTAKES, BEST SENIOR IN SWEEPSTAKES, BOS TO BEST SENIOR IN SWEEPSTAKES,
VET SWEEPS BEST IN VETERAN SWEEPSTAKES
Specialty: 9:15AM 53 AFFENPINSCHERS 10-18-10D,14B-1NR, 1 STDDOGCLS, 0-0-0D,0B-0NR, 1 BRACE CLAS 0-0-0D,0B-0.5NR
Sunday July 22 - Berrien Kennel Club - Judge Elizabeth Muthard
2:15PM 40 AFFENPINSCHERS 8-12-8D,12B-0NR
Waterford Estates Lodge
52890 State Rd 933 N, South Bend, IN 46637
- We have a block of rooms reserved July 18-23, 2018
- All rooms will be on the first floor near exits that will be close to a large grassy area for the dogs.
- They are a combination of rooms so guests when they call in can request a room type if they please.
- Rate is $89.00 plus 13% tax each night-
- There is a ONE time Pet Fee of $20- non refundable
- Guests will need to call either (877)-783-8496 toll free or (574) 272-5220 for reservations
- Guests will need to call to make reservations before June 19, 2018
- If you are taking toll road 80/90 we are exit 77 North- turn left and we are .5 miles on the right side
other important information
- Easy 10 minute drive (if that) To show grounds.
- All rooms include:
- Refrigerator, microwave, 1 cup coffee maker Moveable blowdryers
Box Lunch for Annual Meeting
Saturday, July 21:
DELUXE DELI BOX LUNCH
- Kitchen Fresh Deli Chips
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Leaf Lettuce
- 6” Ham and Swiss Sub
- 6” Turkey and Provolone Sub
- Wrap Garden Vegetable
- Bake Shoppe Chocolate Chip Cookies
Donation box will be set out for Box Lunch.
Banquet Dinner/Auction - Saturday, July 21
- Garden Tray
- Large Cheese Tray
- Assorted Cracker Tray
- Mixed Green Salad
- Spinach Pine Nut Salad
- Green Bean Almondine
- Baked Potato with Butter & Sour Cream
- Pot Roast & Sauce
- Pot Roast Vegetables
- Baked Chicken
- Fried Chicken
- Rolls and butter
- Cake and coffee
Banquet tickets are only $35 payable via PayPal OR send a check made out to ACA to Sheila Wymore, P.O. 333, Cornville, AZ 86325, please list who will be attending. Seating is limited, don’t be turned away, purchase your ticket by Monday, July 9.
2018 Trophy Donation