Educate aspiring and current Affenpinscher Judges to enhance their understanding of the Breed Standard and its consistent application in Conformation judging.
- Know the Affenpinscher Breed Standard.
- Prepare and maintain presentation and other educational materials.
- Schedule and coordinate education activities:
- Hands On judging practicum
- Ringside Mentoring
- Provide documentation of attendance and fulfilled judges’ requirements to AKC
- Develop and utilize club members to serve as Mentors to assist with education activities with approval of Judge Education chair and Board.
- Prepare and provide required verification/certification documentation to participants and AKC.
- Assist AKC in preparing and maintaining On-line judge education materials.
- Report education activities to bi-monthly Board meeting.
Varies from a few hours monthly to close to all day seminar/hands on/ringside events at selected dog shows.
Skills, abilities, interests useful to this role
Strong knowledge and experience with the breed. Clear understanding of the Breed Standard and its application. Organization and scheduling. Group presentation and communication skills. Ability to communicate critical assessments of dogs in a positive and unbiased manner.